Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bella's First Dental Appointment

It was a huge success!!!! I was concerned they wouldn't let me go back with her, but since it was her first appointment they let me :)

I had been prepping Bells that she may have to go back by herself with the nurse, and she said to me "ok, mommy, don't worry, it will be ok, I'm a big girl"...with her sweet, round blue eyes looking at me with so much love and care :) God I love my girl!

So we go back to the room and the dentist introduces himself, four other dental assistants are just oohing and awing over Bella and can't believe what a little peanut she is ;) I must say, she did look very tiny in the dental chair. Bells was a little concerned when the dentist started moving the chair up and back so she could lay down, but she listened well.

He told her he needed to count her teeth and that a bright light would shine in her mouth so he could see. She opened her mouth wide before he even asked her, he was very impressed. She seriously sat there the entire time with her mouth open mesmerized by the tools he was using. She didn't even flinch when he rinsed her mouth and used that air sucky straw thing (I hate that thing).

Aftewards he told me that Bella was the best 2, almost 3 year old patient he's ever had. That her teeth are pretty much perfect, the spacing between them is good because that means her mouth should have room for all of her teeth, no cavities either :)

Just a great appointment and another milestone for Bells, who got SIX stickers AND a new Tigger toothbrush.

1 comment:

stephaniezamora said...

AWE! what a good girl. You must be so proud.