Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bella And Another Strange Illness

Our little peanut started out having a temperature on Monday and I had to go pick her up from school. She hadn't pooped in about two days (I guess I could say "had a bm" and be proper ;)), so I figured her low temp was due to that. So Kyle and I split up Tuesday to stay home with her, she pooped in the am with me. She still wasn't feeling well Tuesday night so she got to go to Grandma and Papa's house on Wednesday, where she had a really big poop. The poor girl has terrible constipation problems, all of my nieces had this issue as well, it's strange.

My parents thought she was doing well, they even asked me to pick up some food to grill and have dinner with them. By the time I got to their house Bella had gone downhill fast. I took her to a walk in clinic, the nurse took her temp and it was 103.6!!! Then we had to wait 45 minutes because some damn drug addict was taking up all of the doctors time and they couldn't get him out of the building. It was torture, Bella screamed and cried every time I moved to adjust. So I'm sitting there with my baby who is extremely hot due to her high temp, we are both crying and I'm about ready to faint and go to the next room and tell this jackass to get out so the doctor can see my baby :(

Finally the doctor comes in, she doesn't have strep throat, no sinus infection or ear infection. So they get a urine sample, there is a small amount of blood in her urine but not enough to say it's a bladder infection. Now we have to wait for a culture on her urine, which takes 48 hours. In the meantime I've got one sick little girl and I'm frantically trying to figure out what to do with her since we leave on vacation for Oregon next week and neither Kyle and I can take off any time beforehand.

Thank god for my amazing, retired parents! My mom came this morning and picked up Bella to keep her overnight so they can watch her tomorrow too for us. I just can't stand seeing Bella like this, it's so frustrating when no one can tell me what is wrong with her :( She is on an antibiotic for now and I'm hoping she really does just have a bladder infection.

The worst part is that she lost some weight and is down to 26 pounds, if she gets down to 25 pounds we have to admit her to the hospital :( Thankfully she was super hungry last night so we just drove through Wendy's for dinner. She ate all of her chicken nuggets, french fries AND half of my cheeseburger, at least her appetite is returning :)

No comments: