Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Heart Check

Yesterday I had my 2 year check up with my cardiologist, have had 6 fainting spells so far this spring/summer so I'm back on the meds to help me retain salt, which helps me retain fluids. He looked at me yesterday and knew I was dehydrated, it didn't help that I had volleyball Sunday night and had to have sweated out about 2 gallons of fluids ;) I drank as much as I could Sunday night and Monday but it can never be enough.

Dr. Muellerleile still says I will grow out of my Neurocardiogenic Syncope eventually, his oldest patient is 52. I stumped him though with my two fainting spells that occurred while I was simply sitting down. So he wanted me to wear a Holter monitor for 24 hours. Of course I've had no spells, a bit light headed this morning but nothing major.

The worst part was going to pick up Bella. I wore a tank top yesterday so you could see the highest patch with the wire and Bella was worried. I told her it was just a special sticker my doctor gave me to wear for a day. She was really quiet and when we got to the car she just started sobbing. I asked her why she was crying and she told me she thought I was going to die :( It was so sad, it took so long to calm her down. I truly have the most emotional child, gee I wonder where she gets that ;)

She was much better this morning, checking my stickers to make sure they were still there and telling me to be very careful at work before I go to the doctor and have them taken off today :)

So the meds should help me get through the summers, if I have anymore fainting spells while on them I have to go back for a treadmill test, but we think I will be just fine. Again I'm supposed to stay away from stressful situations, hmmmm that's a bit hard for me when I seem to be surrounded by them ;)

No comments: