Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kyle Update

Kyle had his check up on Wednesday and it went really well, I was MIA (more on that to follow) so drugged up Kyle had to go alone. Dr. Seegal said everything is coming along perfectly, the immense pain Kyle is experiencing is normal and so is the swelling. Hopefully Kyle will be getting some sort of steroid shot in his right side to help numb up the pain from the surgery for a couple of months so he can get back to work.

No work for him this week and just a couple of hours a day next week. I must selfishly admit that I LOVE having him home like this, just wish it could be without the constant pain. His drugs are great though and he's kind of funny this drugged up ;) The best news is that he will have no limits once he's healed, we've got big plans like starting running together and of course getting heavily into my weight training. He is just beyond excited now and I can't wait for our lifestyle to finally be much more active again. I may even try taking up golf, don't tell him I said that though. My last experience consisted of me throwing my club at a tree and walking off the course. It's a frustrating sport to me, but maybe with the right teacher I can start to enjoy it ;)

As for my absence from Kyle's appointment I had a bad syncope spell. It started at work and my mom had to come pick me up since I couldn't drive, take Kyle to his appointment and the two of them plotted against me for my mom to take me to the ER while Kyle was at his appointment. I so did not want to go, but my mom was too worried. They couldn't do much for me, so now my mom knows that for real doctors can't really get me through a spell, good for her to know now :) So my amazing parents picked up our princess and had her for the night so Kyle and I could rest. It was so sad that the two of us were down for the count for the night, Tybalt was very concerned and a great doggie doctor for us :)

I'm feeling better thankfully and now know that severe stomach cramps are a sign of a bad spell coming on (my cardiologist never shared that with me). I'd had them for a few days before it happened, time to take better care of myself and make sure I'm drinking enough water. I've just gotten so caught up the past few months with constant issues surrounding me but hopefully things are truly turning around now and we can move forward positively!

No comments: