Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Evey Belle Oberreuter

FINALLY, finally Mindy had her sweet little daughter!!!!! She went five days past her due date and labor began at 7:30 p.m. on Monday night. I would get continual texts from her husband Casey throughout the night, it was hard for me to sleep that night!

I worked half a day yesterday and then headed to the hospital. Little Evey (pronounced with a long E) was finally born at 3:52 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon. Mindy did AMAZING, she said the last two hours were the worst. She went through hell having her little girl. I believe most people who read my blog have had children so I shouldn't scare anyone off birthing a baby ;) It came down to the doctor wanting to use forceps, my mom was totally against it and wanted them to use the vacuum, but of course it is the doctor's call.

Mindy's doctor didn't realize how big Evey's head was, she basically slaughtered Mindy, I'm not kidding. On an entirely different rant, I understand your doctor may not be on call when you go into labor but I strongly believe your birth plan wishes should be fulfilled. This doctor had a horrid bedside manner, my mom was just appalled by the entire experience.

So in the end the doctor used forceps because she wasn't comfortable with the vacuum. Mindy did not get an episiotomy because the doctor felt she wouldn't need one. Well she did and Mindy tore badly, inside as well. Two hours after having Evey Mindy had to go to the hospital (the birthing center is separate) because they thought she may have broken a rib in the birthing process, thankfully she didn't.

After all of that beautiful Evey arrived weighing 8 lbs., 11.2 oz. and was 21 inches long. She has a nice big round head and is a true little beauty.


Isn't she just soooooo precious???? Not sure why the first two photos are turned like that but I can't fix them.

Next Tuesday I will become an Aunt again as Missy will be having a c-section in Des Moines, I'm a lucky girl with all these sweet babies in my life :)

No comments: