Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cha-cha-cha-cha-CHANGES!!

OH yes, I have been painting....AGAIN! :)  I finally did our family room downstairs, I am so thrilled with how it turned out.  It was a LOT of work and took me three days of like 9-10 hours of work, but it's done and I LOVE it :)

Here are some before photos of the boring old white walls, so long white walls I couldn't stand anymore!! :)





I had to do at least one photo of the hellish stripes, it seriously took me about 6 hours to map it out and put the tape up, YUCKY!!  Now, I will probably never do a room like this again, just because of how long it took, but I truly love the outcome.  So it's totally worth it in case anyone thinks they want to do this, it's just a lot of work for one person!



And now for the big finish...




I of course had to do a close up of the beautiful stripes :)  It's amazing to me that this is one color, the base is a flat finish and the stripes are a semi-gloss finish, for that subtle stripe look :)



I think I'll be done with painting projects for a while, now to convince Kyle to let me put up the awesome wallpaper I found for our bedroom :)

4 comments:

Shalae said...

definitely worth it... beautiful!

stephaniezamora said...

Amazing! there is no way I could pull that off, it is beautiful!

Kim said...

gorgeous!! please come to houston to help me paint layne's new house!

Stephanie Griffin said...

girl I would so do that if I could!!! :)