Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Donut Trouble

So Bella has taught us that she is 100% her mommy when it comes to emotion. Bella is extremely sensitive and very emotional, it doesn't take much for her to feel badly and cry. I wish she wasn't so sensitive, but that's my baby girl and she's just going to be a mini me in that sense.

Last night she had a sucker that she had gotten for being good during her ear tube check up. We told her she could have her sucker but if she wanted anything else she needed to ask and wait until she was done with her sucker. Kyle and I were in the kitchen and she came wandering in with a chocolate donut in one hand, the sucker in the other.

Mommy: "Bella why do you have a donut?"

Bella: "Because."

Mommy: "Bella what did mommy and daddy tell you if you wanted another snack?"

The lip starts to quiver and off she goes down the hallway. I hear a wimper and crying begins. I go back to chat with her.

Mommy: "Bella why did you run off and cry, you aren't in trouble?"

Bella: "Because."

Mommy: "But Bella WHY are you crying?"

Bella: "The donut."

Mommy: "The donut? Why is the donut making you cry?"

Bella: "Because the donut got me in trouble!"

It was so hard for me not to giggle, but I couldn't believe it, she was honestly upset with the donut because in her eyes that little chocolate donut got her in trouble.

How cute is that?

p.s. She did get to eat the donut after the sucker :)

No comments: