Monday, May 4, 2009

The Heart Is Tired

According to my cardiologist anyway. I haven't been feeling tip top lately, I thought maybe I was anemic, but no that isn't the case.

Last week I had a night of terror, I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack. My heart was so fluttery (only way I can describe it), I could place my hand on chest and feel the off beat. I went to see my cardiologist the next day and I was dehydrated and had been under some unnecessary stress and he feels that is what brought it on. I am now back on my meds to help me retain fluids, AND I'm taking a multivitamin.

The only bad outcome of all of this was...1. He finally admitted that I WILL NOT outgrow this condition as he told me 9 years ago when this all started. 2. No running for more than an hour :( He feels that running for more than an hour puts a lot of unnecessary stress on my heart. This means no marathon ever, not even a half marathon :(

I was pretty upset by this, but am coming to terms with it. At least I can still run, thank god!

The most upsetting thing for me with this is that it's something I can't really control, I HATE being not in control, especially when it comes to my health.

Damn me and my weak heart and my strange body that processes EVERYTHING far too quickly. Just another quirk to add to my list ;)

No comments: