Monday, April 26, 2010

End of a World...

It seems that way to me. Missy and Mindy (my "baby" twin sisters) are huge readers and movie buffs. They love it all, and always recommend great books and movies to me.

Over a year ago they were raving about Terry Brooks, an author from the Northwest. He is a fantasy writer, I was into the movies but not sure how I would feel about reading this stuff.

From the first chapter of "The Sword of Shannara" I was HOOKED. I can't even call this a series, it's a world of it's own. Each book is about 300-700 pages, there are 17 books (I thought it was more) but still I'm on the last book after a year of reading.

I may have a breakdown when I'm done which will be either tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you Terry Brooks, seriously such an amazing author. I can look forward to starting another series I guess, I think I need to read the Twilight books again :)

No comments: