Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fear of bugs...

Bella is TERRIFIED of bugs, I am not kidding in any way. The other night she was in the kitchen and you would have thought she broke something or injured herself with the scream and sobbing that came out of her mouth. Kyle investigates and god forbid there is a bug on the kitchen floor! It was a tiny gnat, seriously, Bella wouldn't even walk in the kitchen Kyle had to carry her out.

Now I won't lie, I HATE bugs. But since Bella's birth I have been very concious about how I react if I find on in the house, I never freak out in front of Bella. I put on my big girl pants and kill the darn thing.

Yesterday when I picked up Bella from LaPetite Miss Shelby had a story for me. She asked if Bella is terrified of bugs, so I knew there was an incident. Bella was playing on the equipment and there were some ladybugs on the bottom, she REFUSED to climb down. She stood at the top of that equipment crying until a teacher climbed up and got her down.

OMG - I can't be having my little peanut be this terrified of bugs. So our first course of action is to have her helping me with yard work every night (yes I have crap to do every night because our backyard is seriously awful). Anyway we'll see how this all goes, Bella sounds excited about it even about getting to know the bugs that live outside :)

1 comment:

stephaniezamora said...

I am with Bella, BUGS SUCK.