Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad

My dad turned 62 yesterday, is officially "retiring" at the end of the month and looking foward to a true retirement finally :)

I just can't believe my dad is 62, I must admit that I really thought hard about it yesterday and got extremely emotional. I'm so close with both of my parents and I think they shouldn't be allowed to age anymore until I catch up with them, that would be a Stephie rule :)

There is so much I could say about my dad and how truly amazing and supportive he is. Any house project is done better and easier thanks to him, if I speak the words Lowe's or Menards he knows I'm thinking of a project and immediately offers his help. The best is the fact that he thinks I shouldn't have to clean out my gutters and since Kyle can't do it that means dad comes over once a year to help me out.

Thank you dad for teaching me about horses from an early age, showing me special love for such a precious animal that I will have forever and the special memories and bond we have with our shared love for them. Thank you for being my coach and supporter, one of the strongest supporters I could ever have. If I ever feel like I'm falling off the roller coaster of life I know you will help me get right back on.

My dad would do anything for myself and my siblings and he is such a wonderful papa. He would bend over backwards for his grandkids and they absolutely adore him. If Bella is grumpy I can just give papa a call, have her chat with him and all is right in her world :)

I love you dad, more than I could possibly ever express, I wouldn't be the woman I am today without you. I love you.

No comments: