Saturday, January 3, 2009

Finally....A Play Room For Bells...Coming Soon

I FINALLY really got started on Bella's playroom.  The day I was deathly ill at one point I was watching HGTV and was motivated to draw out sketches of the walls for the playroom.  It was like it took me to feel deathly ill to get the design set in stone and know exactly what I was going to do.

Yesterday morning I took Bella to the doctor for a check-up on her tubes, they are perfect and everything is wonderful :)

I then took her to school and ventured out to Menard's, Best Buy, Stuff, and Lowe's, I got ALMOST everything I needed but need to hit Lowe's one more time today.  Once I got home I couldn't decide if I wanted to blast the ITunes from upstairs (I really need to get a dock for my IPod), or would there be something worth while on TV?  The TV is in another room so it had to be something I could just listen to all day, and wouldn't you know The Travel Channel had a marathon of No Reservations.  Those who know me best know that I have a strange attraction to Anthony Bourdain, I was so HAPPY to listen to him on his adventures all day while transforming the playroom :)

I have a few photos of the progress so far, although no photos yet of the painting I have done on the walls.  It took me a while to get all of the trim painted white, taping off the walls has actually been really fast and easy.  I LOVE the new blinds and we will be replacing ALL of the blinds in our house eventually, but I must keep my mind on the playroom!!





The room was just very plain, it was still kind of messy when I took the before photos, Milo was checking everything out :)



Tada!  I LOVE the difference it made painting the trim white, and I love how the new blinds look.  The walls will not be white......keep checking in for hopefully more pictures today :)

No comments: