Monday, January 26, 2009

Too Many Goals - #1: Marathon

I must say I'm very proud of myself for doing the P90X program for the past three weeks and sticking with it. Like I said before, it's fantastic and is really doing wonders for me, especially the Ab Ripper workout.

I realized this week that I need to get my butt started on the Marathon Training Program. We got all of Bella's toys moved into the playroom (no the trim isn't all up yet, but the toys are easy to work around), and we got the treadmill moved out into the family room and ready to be used!

Last year when I first had my goal of doing a marathon, a lot of bumps threw me off and I didn't stick with the training and therefore didn't do a marathon.

I was pretty disappointed with myself, this is something that I really, really want to accomplish and I let myself get too involved with other things and just plain laziness came into play as well.

I will not be able to do the P90X program in it's entirety along with the marathong training, Kyle has put his foot down. I guess he doesn't want to end up with a spindly looking wife, he likes his woman with at least a little meat on her bones ;-) So I've decided to incorporate just the weight training into my marathon training. If it gets to be too much, I'll back off on the P90X weight training.

I have printed off the training schedule and it will going up on the bulletin board at home for all to see. I can't slack, Kyle's job is to yell at me if I do ;-) He would never do that but I did tell him that if I start mentioning feeling lazy he has to talk with me and keep me on track.



So I guess I do have a resolution this year, to train for a marathon AND complete one in Des Moines on October 18th!!!

1 comment:

stephaniezamora said...

Oh mylanta woman, you are crazy...BUT I know if anyone can do it, you can. So, keep us updated. BTW, I finally figured out what this px90 majigger is, I saw an infomercial on it the other day.