Sunday, January 4, 2009

Progress!!

I have to admit, I got further on the playroom than I thought I would this weekend.  All we have left to do is put up the white trim that will go on the walls separating the color sections (that's why it looks sloppy instead of a nice line where the colors meet).  My brother Matt is a life saver, he is going to come over sometime soon to help us cut the trim, he is an amazing carpenter and it will go much quicker with his help :)



I am awaiting my order of the clouds that will go in the blue section of the wall.  We are also awaiting another order that will showcase the wall we will use to display Bella's artwork, I'm so excited!!!!



We have just one panel of the dry erase board up, it was hard to get up!  First of all I got the wrong kind of adhesive and Kyle and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't hold.  Well I got the adhesive that you have to brace the panel for at least 24 hours, oops.  So we made a trip to Lowe's this morning for the trim and the right kind of adhesive.  It worked much better, but was like a huge work out to get it to stay flush on the wall, we'll get the rest up sometime today :)

The final step will be to rip out the carpet and put in the rubber floor tile which we are doing in the tan color.  I'm just so happy to be so far along!

We have been keeping the door shut so Bells can't see what's going on, but this morning it wasn't shut all the way and she saw it.  I have never seen so much glee in her face, she was so overly excited and it gives me all the more reason to hurry up and finish it so she and her toys can move in!

No comments: