Friday, November 14, 2008

Grandpa Schmitz

My tribute to a wonderful and amazing man.

Grandpa Schmitz was a huge bright star in my life, seriously, just the most loving, caring, amazing, supportive man. He was tragically taken from us by cancer many years ago this month. Sadly enough I do know how long ago but it's all kind of a fuzzy blur as I seem to have somehow managed to block a lot of that time from my memory.

My grandparents lived in a little house down in Arkansas in Ozark Acres. I was lucky enough to spend a couple of weeks with them one summer. I had so much fun spending that time with them. I got to go swimming in the lake every day (it was a bad lake though and caused me ear problems), I made one friend that I got to hang out with all the time, we ate at King Catfish, we played Bingo with their friends, I helped Grandma make pies, Grandpa was always willing to play card games with me. Grandpa really always wanted to make sure that I was having fun.

My most fond memories are of the holidays, for some reason I can remember Grandpa eating the food and just laughing with everyone. That's my favorite memory and it will be engraved in my mind forever.

I loved and still love him with all of my heart. There are many times when I look up into the sky and talk to him, I know he is up there in Heaven and watching over all of us. I feel ashamed if I do anything he might not approve of and I feel so proud if I accomplish something great because I know he is proud of me too.

Grandpa I miss you so much and I always will, I hope someday I can think of you and not cry. I love you, I love you, I love you, and I always will.

No comments: