Monday, November 24, 2008

Limits

When it comes to running, I think I make up my own limits for myself. For instance, I have sworn for years that I can't run outside when it is freezing cold, how can anyone breathe that cold air and run comfortably?

At the hospital on Saturday night while visiting baby Tanner, Leah was there and had done a 5K that morning. She said she loves running in the cold, it's so much easier to breathe and she was shocked that I don't run outside in the cold.

So yesterday morning Kyle was nice enough to take Bella grocery shopping with him so I could run. Kyle was assuming I would run indoors on our treadmill. Oh no, I ran outside in the 24 degree cold!!! It was AWESOME, I wore just enough clothes to keep myself warm, and I think I ran better than I ever have.

I guess I just need to try things out rather than think I can't do something right away :) I'm so pumped, now I know I can run outside at least once a week on the weekend, keep up on my eliptical workouts during the week on my lunch hour, and do the P90X workouts in the morning before work.

Running tights are something I desperately need to invest in, they are so expensive!! Thank you EBay, I will be purchasing some soon :)

2 comments:

stephaniezamora said...

what about your lungs? Mine burn when I run in the cold.

Stephanie Griffin said...

My lungs felt awesome, I couldn't believe it!!!